 Events / 2301
Re: LEGO Exhibition in Budapest - lessons learned
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2007 10:26:52 GMT

In lugnet.events, Akos Kostyan wrote:
   Our club has been invited to participate in a major LEGO event in Hungary. We had two days for setup. The exhibition was running for four days, between 10/25 and 10/28, but only the last day was a holiday - the point is that the exhibition still attracted over 15000 visitors...>

Akos-

Congratulations on your show. Being deluged with visitors can be overwhelming, but it also counts as “a problem you like to have”.

Our winter show in San Diego CA includes two nights (out of 10 weeks) where the venue is free and the crush of humanity is amazing. We get 7 to 8 thousand visitors in a 4 hour period each night. To deal with the onslaught, we force the traffic to flow around the exhibit in a circle (using “entrance” and “exit signs) and position club members at the corners with the primary mission simply to defend the layout (having it wrapped in acrylic sheet helps)). With a crush like that, there’s no chance for conversations with interested visitors. The only real upside is that those who liked it come back during a normal day.

-Ted
SCLTC