 Events / 1995
  Re: The proliferation of fests: Good or bad?

(...) It's been a combination of location and a NLSO. Now that I live in DC, hopefully I will be able to get to the next BF, if only for the public exposition. In the past when I was not near a fest, it's kind of hard to say "Well, honey, I love you (...) (18 years ago, 11-Dec-06, to lugnet.events)

  Re: The proliferation of fests: Good or bad?

(...) You've got to be a newlywed or close to it ;) My wife is a NLSO and she has no problem with me leaving for a few days!(1) Felix (1) I love my wife (18 years ago, 11-Dec-06, to lugnet.events, FTX)

  Re: The proliferation of fests: Good or bad?

(...) You guessed it. Anniversary #1 is next week (and I don't have a gift yet!!!). Bruce (18 years ago, 11-Dec-06, to lugnet.events, FTX)

  Re: The proliferation of fests: Good or bad?

(...) I too have a NLSO but I've gone to the past two Brickfests in DC, taking the boys (early teens) along both times. Last summer I also brought my dad, a NLfather. He went along to see some museums and such and help driving from Nashville. He was (...) (18 years ago, 11-Dec-06, to lugnet.events)

  Re: The proliferation of fests: Good or bad?

(...) NLSO, huh? Well, I guess that rules out (URL) this> for an anniversary gift;-) JOHN (Happy Anniversary:-) (18 years ago, 11-Dec-06, to lugnet.events, FTX)

  Re: The proliferation of fests: Good or bad?

(...) John- Actually, I think manny if not most women would fine that a terrific gift no matter their LEGO affinity! -Ted (18 years ago, 11-Dec-06, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: The proliferation of fests: Good or bad?

(...) Bruce, Welcome to the DC area! Hope to meet you at a WAMALUG meeting some time, the next will be in January. (URL) (18 years ago, 11-Dec-06, to lugnet.events)

  Re: The proliferation of fests: Good or bad?

(...) um, please help me out here...NLSO? Steve - the slightly confused (18 years ago, 11-Dec-06, to lugnet.events)

  Re: The proliferation of fests: Good or bad?

(...) I believe it means: Non LEGO Significant Other. -Jeramy (18 years ago, 11-Dec-06, to lugnet.events, FTX)

  Re: The proliferation of fests: Good or bad?

(...) Very useful: (URL) (18 years ago, 11-Dec-06, to lugnet.events)

  Re: The proliferation of fests: Good or bad?

(...) Oooo...oooh. Well that makes sense I guess. I rather like this topic as it has been on my mind as well. The question I have is whether or not some fests have become too much expo and not enough convention. By this I mean, are we putting on (...) (18 years ago, 11-Dec-06, to lugnet.events, FTX)

  Re: The proliferation of fests: Good or bad?

(...) Steve- I think this is a very good point and some of us have certainly discussed it before. A public expo provides: A chance to show off creations to a big crowd Opportunity to spread the word about LEGO A bigger market for vendors An (...) (18 years ago, 12-Dec-06, to lugnet.events, FTX)