 Events / *691 (-20)
  Re: From Mike Walsh

(...) I have always envisioned that this is how the bulk offering would work. Items would be made available for 12 months or so to be replaced with new offerings. We cannot expect Lego to warehouse hundreds of bulk products and continue to add more (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: August Surprise...

(...) Even I feel sometimes it's better to spend your money on something other than LEGO! (...) Let me get this straight. Your gf insists on going to Power Exchange and you are grumbling? I really don't understand men. BTW if you dress appropriately (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: August Surprise...

(...) Larry, this post of yours was almost incoherent! But I think I spot the word "foliage" in there -- any chance we can know what is in the works? I mean, if you can spill the beans on Metroliner and the other car -- what can it hurt to tell us (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: From Mike Walsh

(...) Uh oh. That sounds to me like, to get new stuff in they are going to have to drop some existing stuff out (once the limit is reached, whatever it is). IOW, buy what you need before it disappears, and if you don't realise you need it till it's (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) I think these are some good points too. I like the idea of opening up Canada for a PACNW Fest. Mark? You seem to be logical point man for this...what do you think? Interested? I'd love to see one done in a different quarter, giving us all 3 (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) I was kidding! I know no one who actually *wants* to come to North Dakota, but somehow people just don't seem to leave. It's like a trap or something - I know I never intended to stay... now it looks like me and my family are lifers. ~~Tanya (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) I think everyone is leaning towards January, or even February...still 6 months from BrickFest DC. I'd be happy with that. (...) Oh sure...you can get in touch with Kevin for that one...he'll be arranging all of the nation/world-wide events! (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Brickfest news flash

(...) Ok. Who wants to draft the petition to canberra to get them to change this? :) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) OK, Kev, but YOU'LL have to arrange and run all of those...I'm pushing it offering to do one on the West Coast! 8?) Matt (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

"Bryan Beckwith" <bbbeckwi@mail.SPAMB...Kuccs.edu> wrote in message news:GGH7yF.8Bw@lugnet.com... (...) too! (...) make (...) Denver? Potentially having to deal with DIA[1] would probably scare lots of people away! Mike [1] Denver International (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

Matthew Gerber wrote in message ... (...) I think there's room for multiple regional events here. Those who have the resources to fly around the country can attend as many of them as they like, but they would be organised and mostly attended by (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

Brickfest NW?? YES PLEASE!!! I think you would either need to have it as late as October or wait until January. The November-December time frame is usually pretty full for most people. Also you (we?) would be paying a premium for any type of event (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest

Haha, To be disappointed, one must have expectations. And Until I see Australia on S@H's list of countries, I'm not going to give myself any expectations. Metroliners still being available then would be nice though. (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) Clever/cutesy ;) (...) January - *after* holiday stress is over - and then also six months before/after Brickfest (...) My smart-mouth suggestion for this post is coming now - Hold "BricksWest" in DAKOTA! We're the geographic center of the (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) Everyone is always plenty busy at the end of the year. I say aim for January, so that everyone has time to open their new LEGO before coming. (...) Carlsbad seems kind of backwards- after all, there is a big Lego event there every day. What's (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) Mmmmm - Rachael and I have been toying with the idea of a California vacation later this year. A trip to Legoland seemed like a sure thing before, but if there were a Brickfest to attend it would definitely be a sure thing. Been too busy (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) Yeah...that's kinda' what I figured. Two events COULD be held concurrently...that MIGHT be cool (or could hurt either ones attendance..I dunno'...) More thoughts: -I see this as an event sponsored by more than one LUG, encompassing the entire (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) This will probably have to be the case. I suppose we will have to create a Brickfest Northwest for those of us who are unable to go all the way to Southern California. I had a lot of fun going to LLC in April, but it's much too far to drive, (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) <snip> (...) a mix between clever and silly, but a good idea. (...) True, but Legoland is so nice at night with all of miniland lit up, so different than during the day (see below) (...) Carlsbad makes the most sense, I mean Legoland IS there, (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: August Surprise...

Kevin & All, (...) Definate possibility. That is too bad, I would have loved seeing either the 6399 or 6990 monorail come back. Those would have been ideal. Well, I hope maybe they can pull our the straight monorail mold and maybe make a 10 pack or (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact