 Events / 270
Re: How about a Brickfest West?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 22:17:50 GMT

In lugnet.events, Mark Sandlin writes:
in article GGHEy2.M19@lugnet.com, Matthew Gerber wrote:

Location: Something more central is preferred...Santa Maria, where I'm
at-Central Coast California-is probably either too north or too south. San
Francisco might be smart, but like Tom said, Carlsbad would probably be
best, resource wise. If California ends up being too far for the Pacifc
North West folks, prehaps two events are called for?

This will probably have to be the case. I suppose we will have to create a
Brickfest Northwest for those of us who are unable to go all the way to
Southern California.

I had a lot of fun going to LLC in April, but it's much too far to drive,
and plane tickets are a spendy option for me.  :^(

Yeah...that's kinda' what I figured. Two events COULD be held
concurrently...that MIGHT be cool (or could hurt either ones attendance..I
dunno'...)

More thoughts:

-I see this as an event sponsored by more than one LUG, encompassing the
entire area...that'd be way cool. Also, it would let us share resources.

-With enough planning, bus travel might be feasable (it doesn't cost THAT
much to charter a bus...and travel might be fun as a group). That might get
some folks to Carlsbad from up north.

-Speaking of busses...I see a bus charter from any eventual event location
to LL. Wouldn't cost that much. Save trying to car pool.

-I'd want to set up a media/computer lab at the event...we could have
computers donated for the event, allowing internet access for e-mail,
LUGNET, etc., and a place for folks to demo/use LCAD programs.

-I would love to see an animated LEGO movie made DURING the event, over the
course of days! So cool!

-I would want to make available a special LEGO set for the event...either
officially or non. At the very least, I would have custom minifigs as part
of the registration package/to buy.

Gotta' go out for awhile...I'll post more ideas when i get home.

Matt