 Events / 275
Re: How about a Brickfest West?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 23:56:25 GMT

Matthew Gerber wrote in message ...
Location: Something more central is preferred...Santa Maria, where I'm
at-Central Coast California-is probably either too north or too south. San
Francisco might be smart, but like Tom said, Carlsbad would probably be
best, resource wise. If California ends up being too far for the Pacifc
North West folks, prehaps two events are called for?

I think there's room for multiple regional events here. Those who have the
resources to fly around the country can attend as many of them as they like,
but they would be organised and mostly attended by locals from the
surrounding region (however the region gets defined).

So far the suggested locations are:
Pacific Northwest (Seattle or Portland).
San Francisco
Carlsbad (although being next to Legoland is nice it's not the point of a
fest, which for me is getting together with other AFOLs and sharing MOCs)
Denver, CO
Dakota

Other regions not yet mentioned with active LUG/LTCs where a Brickfest might
be good...

Florida
Minnesota
.....???

Imagine every month a regional Brickfest happening around the continent.
Hey, let's not think small... around the world!  [I know, fests of this type
have already happened in other countries, it would not be new :-) ]

Kevin
Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com
Brickbay Lego parts store: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1
eBay Lego auctions: http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/kevinw1/