 Events / 281
Re: How about a Brickfest West?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 05:18:54 GMT

To All,

I think the regional brickfests would be good, te ones who travel a lot
would be able to go to most of them, and some of us who can't can still go
to the local ones. i think the various LUGS can charter a bus or perhaps
carpool to them or something.

I think there's room for multiple regional events here. Those who have the
resources to fly around the country can attend as many of them as they like,
but they would be organised and mostly attended by locals from the
surrounding region (however the region gets defined).

Duh, Scott, see the above quoted paragraph.

So far the suggested locations are:
Pacific Northwest (Seattle or Portland).
San Francisco
Carlsbad (although being next to Legoland is nice it's not the point of a
fest, which for me is getting together with other AFOLs and sharing MOCs)
Denver, CO
Dakota

If there is to be a midwest area one, it might be good to have it in
Chicago, or around there perhaps. Washington D.C. is a good drive from here.

Other regions not yet mentioned with active LUG/LTCs where a Brickfest might
be good...

Florida
Minnesota

Minnesota perhaps can go to Chicago, or halfway between Michigan or
something. We will definately need to brainstorm.

Imagine every month a regional Brickfest happening around the continent.
Hey, let's not think small... around the world!  [I know, fests of this type
have already happened in other countries, it would not be new :-) ]

Cool beans.

Scott "Member of MichLUG, even if only halfway, I live in Michiana" S.
http://www..michlug.org
---