 Dear LEGO / 950
Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 09:53:54 GMT

A fair policy. Thank you for clearing it up. I was concerned that Lego corp
would shut down any scans. It is good to know that Lego not only talks end
users support but also walks the walk. Thanks from a very grate full user.
Jeffey Baldwin
User since 1966

In lugnet.general, Brad Justus writes:

"The LEGO Group owns the copyrights to its building instructions, publications
and to the photographs used in our catalogs and on our packages. Copying,
scanning and distributing these materials on the Internet would be an
infringement of our copyrights. Nevertheless, at the present time the LEGO
Group does not object to scanning of limited extracts of these materials in
unaltered form for non-commercial purposes of exchange of information or good
faith commentary."

Brad Justus
Senior Vice President, LEGO Direct
legodirect@lego.com