 Dear LEGO / 805
  Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct.

Señor Justus, You write that your firm intends to be more receptive to Adult Fans of LEGO. I am quite pleased to hear this. Although I like what I've seen from your 2000 catalog, I have a few new ideas, that I wish to pass on. After this small (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

James J. wrote in message ... <snip> (...) Europe. (...) our (...) European (...) WHOOW! We Europeans tend to say that about US kids (juniorization to make the US market), but only jokingly so... Eric (Hoping this will not trigger an endless (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

Eric Brok wrote in message ... (...) I have a few comments on this theme as a mother of a 3 3/4 year old that likes to play with LEGO. The town jr. sets are easier for him to put together but they are very unstable when compared to the older sets (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct.

(...) I think it's fair to say that LEGO's plans with regards to juniorized sets are world-wide. If LEGO wanted to offer juniorized sets for one market, and nonjuniorized sets for another, they would, just as they have released Europe-only and (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct.

(...) modifying (...) Hear, hear! The FX-Star Patroller was one of my largest sets as a child; it influenced years of my own spaceship creation. (And just take a look at the parts that went into those lasers on the bow of the ship... around 13 (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct.

(...) Ooh. I love the FX-Star Patroller. Naji and James, you might enjoy reading an extended ramble I wrote that mentions #6931, among other wonderful sets of that era (particularly the Gamma-V Laser craft). (URL) "Float on a river, forever and (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct.

(...) James, there was a long thread about this part of your letter when you posted it originally, because you had MISUNDERSTOOD the statement on which you based it and it has no basis in fact. While you were editing your letter you might have fixed (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct.

(...) You really have no clue at all, do you? Do you really think there is one _whit_ of difference between European and American children? Sheesh. Bloody luser. Jasper (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct.

(...) less (...) Well, there's got to be SOME differences between European kids and American kids. After all, European children get firing cannons in their sets, and American children don't. This is probably due to cultural differences that give (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct.

Jasper- I understand your frustration due to someone else's ignorance, however, please be advised that you are violating the conditional use of the LUGNET service due to the use of vulgar language (if I am incorrect, please inform me): Please refer (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct.

(...) I know, but... Acutally, it has nothing to do with American children, and everything to do with American lawyers, and lawsuit paranoia. See: (URL) version: someone's kid choked on a shooting toy, someone sued and won, shooting toys banned for (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct.

(...) Having grown up in that era (and as a kid who had shooting versions of the Battlestar Galactica toys and who remembers the media hullaballoo about that), I am still always amazed to see the number of shooting toys on the market that shoot (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct.

< Cross posted to off-topic.debate > (...) Well, this all leads back to parental responsibility, and teaching children about these things, which has been discussed to a great extent here at off-topic.debate. The government can't seem to protect us (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

  Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct.

(...) our (...) European (...) posted this letter (in October). In my humble, but "war-weary" opinion, I really don't care what continent's children the company belittles it self for. I just want them to strive for perfection in some division that (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct.

(...) I thank you, Rose for your wonderful insight. It pleases me to know that a parent or two out there agree with me. It really doens't matter to me who the company belittles it self for, it just the sake of the fact that it is belittling its own (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct.

In lugnet.general, Jeff Thompson writes: [snip] (...) [snip] Are you SERIOUS?!? American cannons don't shoot?!? Forgive me for the ignorance, but I had no idea! This is hilarious! LOL! -Shiri (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)