 Dear LEGO / 802 (-20)
  Re: Brad Justus is real

Moving this to .debate, for lack of lugnet.off-topic.comp.risks. (...) BO isn't cracking - it's carelessness on the part of the crackee. Anyone can distribute happy99.exe, but breaking root on an up-to-CERT unix box is something very few can do. (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) Oh, I dunno. I'll take a few 100-300-normal-brick pokemon sets (though pikachu wouldn't be first in line, despite his usefulness in the game itself). Jasper (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) You're right; I didn't mean to say that. Note my distain for the Scala line. I'd like to see the better non-conflict oriented sets for boys AND girls. But I also have a hypothesis that these sets would sell really well to girls. And when I'm (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) OK well an AFOL mother of a boy(2yrs) and a girl (10yrs) I guess I'm qualified to add something to this discussion. My daughter, would've actually loved the pink cutesy themed sets when she was three to five yrs old. That is when she started (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: "If it were my toy company..."

(...) The large radar dish recently re-released in grey in set 4533, (and it looks like a pair of tan ones any day now in 7115) show that old pieces *can* be reintroduced, if there is a desire to do so. By the way, THANK YOU, LEGO, for doing that! (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Horrible quote from the Scala web catalog

(...) <URL:(URL), actually. "Worldwide Number 1 for Military Construction Bricks" doesn't sound exactly where I want to be going. :) They do have some interesting set designs. But from what I've heard, they suffer from quality issues. (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.scala, lugnet.general)

  Re: "If it were my toy company..."

(...) Oooh, that's a dangerous path. I can just see it now -- Jrized versions of all our favorite classics. (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: "If it were my toy company..."

(...) One reason that LEGO is constantly inventing new pieces is to make sure that as many elements in a LEGO set are patent-protected. The re-released old sets would not have that advantage. I wouldn't mind if they modified the sets to make them (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Horrible quote from the Scala web catalog

(...) The knights vs the moo-men. The knights come with a king, a princess, and a warrior babe, steps to make the sets girl-friendly? The moo-men are much more boyish, testosterone-poisoned sets. (...) Right! A horse with a hole in his head for a (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.scala, lugnet.general)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

And in fact when I was a child (not that long ago, born in 1974) Lego sets weren't all that conflict oriented either. The space sets of the time had no weapons for instance. The first set with a fighting theme that I can think of is the yellow (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Horrible quote from the Scala web catalog

(...) Check out www.bestlock.com (?) Erin -- (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.scala, lugnet.general)

  Re: "If it were my toy company..."

(...) But that doesn't seem prohibitive to me anyway. They're certainly inventing new pieces all the time these days, and that takes new molds. And at least they'd still have the basic engineering done for retro pieces. (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: "If it were my toy company..."

(...) Or to put a different way: Are the molds (that were used originally to make those parts) compatible with the current state of the art molding machines used by TLC ? A negative answer would imply the need to make whole new molds. Ray (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Horrible quote from the Scala web catalog

(...) I *so* agree. I, as a "girl", like the royal family, pegsasii (plural pegasus, right?), and unicorns (1), and would enjoy stuff like that in LEGO. I also like soldiers and guards, and would enjoy seeing a feudal system line of castles, with (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.scala, lugnet.general)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) "Only You, the LEGO Maniac, can determine what color dress Shala will wear to the dance." -- jthompson@esker.com "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily" (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

Bill Katz <billk@wald.wald-kramer.com> wrote in message news:944898283.20338...mer.com... (...) Brad: Bricks, slopes, plates and tiles are the place to start with bulk ordering - all colors, all sizes (personal plea - gray 1x__). Next, I would (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) I guess part of my point is that not only are the Lego Company's current efforts not a part of the solution, they are ACTIVELY a part of the problem. Their "for girls" line is their least problem-solving/building oriented, and conversely, (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: "If it were my toy company..."

(...) This is one of those Me too letters: I think so too. Re-releasing sets would be pretty easy for TLC, and people would love it. And buy them. (I know I would! I'd start with the Metroliner, then a few Pirate sets, the big police station...) (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: "If it were my toy company..."

(...) Yes, but they'd have to take something offline to produce these parts, and there's no guarantee that the molds are still useable (or even exist). It's also pretty clear that most of the "special" parts are made overseas (Billund or Sweeden I (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) Well I am not going to light you up at all because I agree with most of what you say. I actually think that other than a few slight differences our views on this subject are very similar. I agree that LEGO is not sought out by girls. I really (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact