 Dear LEGO / 5562 (-10)
  Another Q for the Ambassadors to ask TLG, please?

Why have textured slopes been arbitrarily abandoned? The last few retail purchases of Lego sets that I made disappointed me greatly in that the pieces I'd most desired, 2x2 medium-slope corners and 2x2x3 extreme-slope bricks, both in dark red, were (...) (17 years ago, 9-Sep-07, to lugnet.ambassadors, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Arkham Asylum - A cool set, but a bit disturbing.

(...) (snipped) (...) This is an outrage ! Didn't you think of your family ? You paid full retail price ? Were you tortured into paying ? -pete.w (who hopes he didn't miss a special on this set) (17 years ago, 27-Jul-07, to lugnet.licensed.batman, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Building equality one female minifig at a time.

I have to laugh because this was my hobby-horse 10 years ago. There has been some progress, but things are still pretty bad. I notice that Lego Designer/Pick-A-Brick includes one female head, 3 male heads, and 2 neutral heads. It also includes 2 (...) (17 years ago, 14-Jul-07, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Building equality one female minifig at a time.

(...) Yeah, sorry, but if you find anything about Kiki's servicy in the classic sense*, you need to seriously consider not being a lolicon. As to your original point, generalizations for the fail. Yes, many anime and manga series aimed at males do (...) (17 years ago, 5-Jul-07, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Building equality one female minifig at a time.

(...) Oh, come on and be honest now. Most Japanese anime/manga has female characters for the male otaku to drool over. Gratuitous shots that you just won't find in American cartoons isn't called "fan service" for nothing. And it's not just in the (...) (17 years ago, 4-Jul-07, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Building equality one female minifig at a time.

(...) Funny thing with Exo-Force is it's based around the style of Japanese kids' Anime and Manga that comes with associated collectible toys/cards etc. And most of these nowadays have a pretty good mix of strong male/female roles (though admittedly (...) (17 years ago, 4-Jul-07, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Building equality one female minifig at a time.

(...) I forgot one very recent addition. Hitomi from the Exo-Force line is only available in the Golden Tower set ($30). Now, if you go only by character name, Meca One isn't available in a set under $50 (assuming you want his legs and everything), (...) (17 years ago, 4-Jul-07, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Building equality one female minifig at a time.

(...) Bam. When you've got the new "MONSTER EXPLOSION ASSAULT HERO TESTOSTERONE SQUAD!(tm)" theme, it's simply going to be male dominated. It's going to have characters, rather than generic poeople-- just like we've seen in Adventurers, Exo-Force, (...) (17 years ago, 3-Jul-07, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Building equality one female minifig at a time.

(...) I quite agree. Magnus has a point about what will sell, so I think the aim should be to make a few changes. I don't think the demand is for a perfect 50:50 split between minifigs across the range, but to start with a few changes. For example, (...) (17 years ago, 3-Jul-07, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Building equality one female minifig at a time.

(...) That has indeed been the case in some themes, but not all. The Ninja Princess (white ninja, for those who aren't familiar with that excellent, but short-lived line) came in the third-largest set (Emperor's Stronghold: $40), and one of the (...) (17 years ago, 2-Jul-07, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact