 Dear LEGO / 5547 (-10)
  Re: Building equality one female minifig at a time.

Hey, I highly agree. In my own theme-of-choice, castle, we get about one female fig for every 50 male figs. Of course, part of that is due to the over-emphasis on action and conflict, where most castle figs are knights and soldiers (traditionally (...) (17 years ago, 29-Jun-07, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Building equality one female minifig at a time.

(...) Just a thought to add on that point; The cost of a few discarded figs is minuscule if it means more girls are buying lego sets. Imagine the profit to be made if both genders could share the fun of system. Profit... cha-ching. (17 years ago, 28-Jun-07, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Building equality one female minifig at a time.

(...) in the meantime you can go "virtual" ;-) (URL) more can be found at: (URL) bye, w. (17 years ago, 28-Jun-07, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Building equality one female minifig at a time.

(...) the problem solved. :-) (17 years ago, 28-Jun-07, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Building equality one female minifig at a time.

(...) LOL! You reveal your own ABS sexism by assuming that the woman would have to be decapitated! Why not yank off the man's head instead? Or why not include a headless body with the pair of heads alongside? Dave! (17 years ago, 28-Jun-07, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Building equality one female minifig at a time.

(...) I don't know how I feel about including a decapitated woman's head in every LEGO set. Doesn't seem to send the right message about gender equality. -Lenny (17 years ago, 28-Jun-07, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Building equality one female minifig at a time.

(...) I built my own: (URL) Well, this one is Batwoman, but the concept would be the same. Catwoman's face under Batman's cowl works pretty well. -Elroy (17 years ago, 28-Jun-07, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Building equality one female minifig at a time.

(...) They already beat Hermione a few years ago with the Studios redhead 2-sider face, which features a more obvious, but far more girly lipstick design (and only a faint bit of detailing on the eyes to suggest anything was applied there): (URL) (...) (17 years ago, 28-Jun-07, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Building equality one female minifig at a time.

(...) But are there any? I've got long hair, and for my personal minifig I carved down a Qui-Gon hair (ostensibly one of the more "female" looking hairs in the line, except that it was designed specifically for a very recognizable male character). (...) (17 years ago, 28-Jun-07, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Building equality one female minifig at a time.

(...) I would like to request a very specific female minifig. Batgirl. She's historically one of the more important and recognizable members of the Bat-family (even moreso than Nightwing, IMO), and she's still going to be absent going into the third (...) (17 years ago, 28-Jun-07, to lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact