 Dear LEGO / 532
Re: Juniorization is (somewhat) good
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 17:24:39 GMT

I like the big bricks. They are great for pirate stuff!
And the big windows, i love those too! (1*4*6)

--Tobias

onyx skrev i meddelandet ...
In lugnet.dear-lego, Larry Pieniazek writes:
...a 1x1x6 is much
sturdier under torsional or shear stress than a stack of 6 1x1s are. So
it can be quite useful in large structures that have to take significant
loads, especially dynamic loads (think motorized at the top)...

hmmm.. except.. we all *know* that lego isn't designing these elements to • do us
all a favor... helping us to strengthen the structural integrity of our
structures... after all, if it's a large structure and it contains a motor, • i
start to think technic... and nothing is more structurally sound than a 1x6
beam mounted vertically via friction pegs into horizontal beams at the • base...
then you motorize the top...

i don't see many motors in ninja/castle/adventurers/town...

give me all the little elements.. if i want structure, i'll buy technic