 Dear LEGO / 527
Re: Juniorization is (somewhat) good
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 03:32:19 GMT

Richard Parsons wrote:

Tobias Möller wrote in message ...
I like Burps and the castle walls. I like hollow baseplates.

Fair enough.

I like the 1*1*6, 1*2*6 and 1*3*6 bricks to use as walls.

Bollocks.

I can do a hell of a lot more with 18 blocks than 3.  And there is nothing I
can do with the big bits that I couldn't do with the small bits.

Agree with the sentiment but slightly disagree on fact. a 1x1x6 is much
sturdier under torsional or shear stress than a stack of 6 1x1s are. So
it can be quite useful in large structures that have to take significant
loads, especially dynamic loads (think motorized at the top)...