 Dear LEGO / 5267 (-20)
  Technic Designers?

I've been chatting away with a pal of mine, and we were remarking on the status of Technic in general in the Lego community. Most seem to say something to the jist of, "Technic was always too expensive... I don't understand technic... I don't build (...) (19 years ago, 25-May-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: How to run in XP as a non-administrator

(...) Hey thanks. Permission bits, eh? Now why didn't I think of that? Oh well, I gave it a shot last night with Full access for everyone (I think), and no luck. I also checked the Spybotics directory in Program Files and discovered a user.ini file (...) (19 years ago, 5-May-05, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Jake, you answered my unmentioned question. I assumed selling 2 at a time was for the reason above, and selling 1 at a time would raise the per car price. So 2 at a time is great. Doing the math (2 end trucks, 1 center truck and connections) I (...) (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Light-up lightsabers

"John Gerlach" <gmltc_j1@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:IFqAoz.13F1@lugnet.com... (...) Hmm, my version did too. DOH! Um, its all in finding the right sized LED in purple. I haven't found one yet, therefore, I assume that's why LEGO (...) (19 years ago, 30-Apr-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Light-up lightsabers

Why does Mace Windu's lightsaber light up BLUE? Why doesn't it light up PURPLE?? (19 years ago, 29-Apr-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: On sale or not on sale

(...) Hi Jake, I see that the error has now been corrected and there does not seem to be a problem with this anymore. Best regards Thomas (19 years ago, 26-Apr-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO USB IR Tower Driver Update

(...) Unfortunately the link Mike provided has now expired. Can we get the USB tower driver patch zip up on the LEGO.com website please? It was at (URL) the domain name registration has apparently expired. Does anyone know if the USB Tower driver (...) (19 years ago, 18-Apr-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: On sale or not n sale

(...) I just chatted with Jarid and the EU Commerce team. Looks like the pricing is acutally correct. In this bundle, there are 7 sets. (Two locomotives and 5 car boxes) Each wagon and the loco are priced at 299,75 DKK each, so 7 x 299,75 is 2098,25 (...) (19 years ago, 15-Apr-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego)

  Re: On sale or not n sale

(...) I don´t see any changes on shop.lego.com yet. Are there any reason you know of why? Best regards Thomas (19 years ago, 15-Apr-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Another piece I'd like to see

A 1x1 plate with eyelet oriented vertically instead of horizontally. Dave (19 years ago, 15-Apr-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: On sale or not on sale

(...) Ah I see - that sounds like one of those "value package" price dealie things then. A packaged value is not really a 'sale' perse I would agree...but it is a 'reduced' price compared to buying all of the sets separately. Bob (19 years ago, 14-Apr-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: On sale or not n sale

(...) I see the same problem in the UK although I'm not sure what the laws are like here. I guess they mean (*discount bundle price* rather than *sale price*). Tim (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: On sale or not on sale

(...) Hi Bob, Yes, it is right that if you calculate that way that the price is 15% off. The problem is that the K10022 set NEVER was priced 2098.25 DKK. It was always priced 1784 DKK and therefor it is not on sale. The price of 2098.25 is simply (...) (19 years ago, 12-Apr-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: On sale or not n sale

(...) This does look like a potential mistake. I will send it to our EU team to address when they get in tomorrow. Thanks for pointing it out. --Jarid Jarid Lukin E-Commerce Business Manager LEGO Shop At Home (URL) (19 years ago, 12-Apr-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: On sale or not n sale

(...) When I put this item in my cart set to Denmark, I get this: "Item#: K10022 Ages: 10+ Pieces: 1173 Price: DKK 2098.25 Sale Price: DKK 1784.00" So according to that, it is on sale for about 15% off the listed original price of 2098.25. HTH, Bob (19 years ago, 12-Apr-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  On sale or not n sale

Hi Jake, The K10022 set is on sale in the Danish part of (URL) for 1764 Danish kroner. The problem is that it is in fact not on sale, it is the same price as before the so-called sale. That is illegal according to Danish law. I sent a comment to (...) (19 years ago, 12-Apr-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Why do you torture Technic enthusiasts?

(...) One reason that the boxes are too big is that technic parts overall have gotten smaller, which means that more pieces fit in a smaller area. The actual amount of pieces in each set has increased since almost all technic sets are studless. I (...) (20 years ago, 24-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Why do you torture Technic enthusiasts?

Keith, I know. I buy 90% of my parts from all over the world. My whole point of the my post was just to show how we must pay high international costs to get what we want because items are not readily availible to us. I meant my post as more of a (...) (20 years ago, 24-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Why do you torture Technic enthusiasts?

(...) While you're paying through your nose, insist on having it posted by airmail. It's worth it. (...) Only if Lego made their boxes smaller. Amen. (...) Relax, some Australian and Italian Bricklink stores seem to have nice collections too. Keith (20 years ago, 24-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Why do you torture Technic enthusiasts?

While Lego may be torturing Lego enthusiasts, they are helping out the internet hurting postal workers by making all of us pay high international postal rates to get the sets that are not availible to us. I know I save at least $5.00 a month paying (...) (20 years ago, 23-Mar-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact