 Dear LEGO / 5267
5266  |  5268
Subject:
Technic Designers?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 25 May 2005 22:39:39 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I've been chatting away with a pal of mine, and we were remarking on the status
of Technic in general in the Lego community.  Most seem to say something to the
jist of, "Technic was always too expensive... I don't understand technic... I
don't build with it."

This is, a bloddy shame.  Imagine what these talented builders out there would
accomplish with their MOCs if they could incorporate mechanics into thier
creations.  The Technic sets (that I've seen) for 2005 are just beautiful.  But,
in addition to that, I propose this:

Technic focused designer sets.  Better value brick buys, that the creations
within are designed getting the most out of your techinc parts.  How to make
really strong joints, like for a tipper, or a crane, or a drawbridge.  Lots of
little examples that show simple machines at work.  A basic lower priced set
with lots of studded beams (to further encourage incorporation into the brick)
lots of gears in a variety of sizes, incuding worm elements, assorted technic
connectors and brackets.  Then highlight gearing and power transfers.  Shoot,
incude parts for a supercar transmission, that alone will keep someone
mesmorized for hours.

Lots of parts.  (not limited by the not so many peices you tend to get in a
regular set)
Low price.  (we want to Encourage activity in this)
basics, basics, basics.  (the how-to)

C'mon.  Please.

Mark