 Dear LEGO / 5255
Re: On sale or not on sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 17:38:18 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Bob Parker wrote:
In lugnet.dear-lego, Thomas Andersen wrote:
Hi Jake,

The K10022 set is on sale in the Danish part of
http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=K10022 for 1764 Danish kroner.

The problem is that it is in fact not on sale, it is the same price as
before the so-called sale. That is illegal according to Danish law.

When I put this item in my cart set to Denmark, I get this:

"Item#:  K10022
Ages:  10+
Pieces:  1173
Price: DKK 2098.25
Sale Price: DKK 1784.00"

So according to that, it is on sale for about 15% off the listed original price
of 2098.25.

HTH,

Bob

Hi Bob,

Yes, it is right that if you calculate that way that the price is 15% off. The
problem is that the K10022 set NEVER was priced 2098.25 DKK. It was always
priced 1784 DKK and therefor it is not on sale. The price of 2098.25 is simply
the price of 2 x 10020 + 3 x 10022 + 2 x 10025.

Hope this clears it up.

Best regards Thomas