 LEGO Company / 3318
RE: On sale or not n sale
Newsgroups:
Date:
Fri, 15 Apr 2005 19:43:31 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com] On Behalf Of
Thomas Andersen
Sent: 15 April 2005 20:29
To: lugnet.lego@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: On sale or not n sale

In lugnet.dear-lego, Jake McKee wrote:
In lugnet.dear-lego, Jarid Lukin wrote:
In lugnet.dear-lego, Thomas Andersen wrote:
Hi Jake,

The K10022 set is on sale in the Danish part of
http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=K10022 for 1764 Danish kroner.

The problem is that it is in fact not on sale, it is the same price as • before
the so-called sale. That is illegal according to Danish law.

I sent a comment to customer's service and they replied that they had • relayed my
email. That is a week ago now but the problem has not been corrected.

Will you please look into this so that LEGO will not get a reputation as • a
company making false advertisement?

This does look like a potential mistake.  I will send it to our EU team • to
address when they get in tomorrow.  Thanks for pointing it out.
--Jarid

I just chatted with Jarid and the EU Commerce team. Looks like the pricing • is
acutally correct.

In this bundle, there are 7 sets. (Two locomotives and 5 car boxes) Each • wagon
and the loco are priced at 299,75 DKK each, so 7 x 299,75 is 2098,25 DKK. • We
this bundle at a special of 1784,00 DKK.

Hope that helps clear things up!

Jake
---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison
LEGO Community Team

Hi Jake,

It seems that I am not able to express myself clear enough in english, sorry
about that. I will try once again:

The problem is that the price on the set K10022 was always 1784 DKK, and
therefore it in my opinion not an sale, but as you say yourselves it is a
special bundle price. But that special bundle was ALWAYS priced at 1784 DKK.

Maybe the price of the 7 sets added together is 2098,25 DKK, but that is not
the
importent thing here. That is the price of the set called K10022.

In my opinion a sale is indicating that a certain piece of merchendice used
cost e. g. 100 DKK and is now on sale ond the sale price is e. g. 80 DKK.

The K10022 set has ALWAYS been priced at 1784 DKK and is therefore not on
sale
as indicated on shop.lego.com.

The correct text is therefore not "on sale" but maybe something like you
write
"bundle price"

It is an illegal pratice in Denmark to say something is on sale whe the
price is
not reduced compared to the price of the same product earlyer, and therefore
advice you to stop indicating that this (and other) sets is on sale when it
in
deed "only" is a reduced bundle price.

This is also indicated that this not a normal "sale" in the fact that the
set
does not appear under "sales and deals"

I hope this clears up my opinion.

Best regards