 Dear LEGO / 5222 (-20)
  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

(...) cost? The ideals of the past gave relevance to the notions that Military (guns) and Mortality (graves) were not the ethics the company was founded upon… What compromise is this? ...unfortunately, it’s a realistic one! But the new gun-heavy (...) (20 years ago, 20-Feb-05, to lugnet.year.2005, lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Train part suggestion

(...) I think it would be a GREAT part. Note that Rick Clark has devised such a thing (and quite a clever design it is, too) from readily available parts: (URL) takes care of the fans, but doesn't help out the mundanes, which are, after all, the (...) (20 years ago, 13-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Train part suggestion

Dear Lego, While watching my son put his train on the track I thought it would be great if LEGO made a level crossing that aligned the train on the track. When I was young (30 years ago), I had one for my HO scale trains, and I loved it. You could (...) (20 years ago, 13-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  What's new page

FYI: I just posted this to Lego on their contact form. Hope they will see it. I'll not do any follow-up here. BR S Message: On your page (URL) I can see all items by name or group. Would it be possbile to see news sets as thumbnails, as when I (...) (20 years ago, 11-Feb-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  New Parts Drawings - Plates, Slope, Track Pieces

I wish TLC would make these parts. Seeing earlier discussions I think I'm not alone! I've attempted 3rd angle projection drawings, showing top, side and underside, despite not having a drawing package. Drawing these parts in Paint is eyestrain city! (...) (20 years ago, 2-Feb-05, to lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, FTX) !!

  Set 7263: TIE Fighter Box

I saw set 7263 for the first time in stores[1] today. The packaging is fantastic! Not the "Try Me" packaging[2]. The box is two-sided, with "front" printing on both large sides! Even better, the printing is oriented so that, depending on which side (...) (20 years ago, 2-Feb-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.starwars)

  R/C receiver with auxiliary output

Dear LEGO, Please bring back the Radio-Controlled (R/C) Receiver with the auxiliary output, as shown here: (URL). This is a fantastic part because it uses standard LEGO connections (e.g. axel hole), unlike some of the other R/C sets, where (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jan-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: An alternative open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

(...) That's my understanding as well. That's a good summary of what Jake posted here (URL) and referred to here (URL). What's more, to my knowledge, that's the only reason which TLG have provided. Seems to me that either its fact or an outright (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Lego Pnematic Parts

I remember when Lego carried Pnematic parts accessory packs which contained a pump, a cylinder, a switch a couple of 't's and tubing. This was a great way to buy Pneumatics. Now however the only way is through Lego Education. Not bad, they have the (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: An alternative open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

(...) Well here's *my understanding* of it. TLG changed the colours because the old grays and brown did not fit in with their "vision" of the colour palette. They tested the new colours with groups of children, and the kids liked it. After changing (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Dillution of trade name

Hello! (...) Oh, people (kids, parents, non-AFOLs) are using "legos" all the time around here. It simply is shorter for "LEGO bricks" and everybody still knows exactly what this term ("legos") is referring to. As long as it's not used in official (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Dillution of trade name

Calling "lego" "legos" must be an american thing; I have never heard it used in the UK. Interestingly, searching loc.uk for "legos" got hits for "lego's". Scott A (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Dillution of trade name

(...) I have also noticed this in some of the Atlanta-area Wal-Mart stores. Scott Lyttle (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: An alternative open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

(...) This is a very serious allegation. Please explain which reasons given by TLG have been debunked as fluff or outright lies. (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Dillution of trade name

Dear LEGO, While shopping yesterday in a relatively new US WalMart store, I noted that the various sections of the toy department have little banner signs hanging out from the top of the stock shelves. These seemed to be placed in such a way so that (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  ZzzzoooooOOOOooommm

Dear LEGO, Thank you for the set-picture zoom feature at shop.lego.com! -Suz (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Civil War!

(...) That's "War Between the States", ya Yankee! And I'll send Boris and Natasha after you if you even think about swivel-hipping your way outta this. :-) Gray: 'Merican. Or maybe rebel. Wait, that implies "civil war". Dang, this gets (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

(...) Um...that's not exactly a similar situation. Chances are, when you buy a new door, they mix a batch based on color standards of the car. So...maybe painting the new gray to match the old gray is the solution... (sorry, I'm not good at writing (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  More color specific selection packs please

It was clearly possible for TLC to make old greys and old brown variety packs to help bridge the color change transition. I bought what I felt was more than my fair share of these packs but the supply didn't run out too quickly, so I don't feel (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

I agree with the letter and sign it. Ofcourse it's hard to identify with every detail and wording of such an elaborate letter on a complicated issue. For example, I wouldn't demand a return to the original colors, since the new colors are allready (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact