 Dear LEGO / 5220
5219  |  5221
Subject:
Train part suggestion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2005 16:11:40 GMT

Dear Lego,

     While watching my son put his train on the track I thought it would
be great if LEGO made a level crossing that aligned the train on the
track. When I was young (30 years ago), I had one for my HO scale
trains, and I loved it. You could roll a train over the crossing, and
all of the wheels would fall into place on the track.
     In addition to being a a great part to include in a starter train
set, it would make any level crossing set that much more desiralbe. I
would definately buy one for my son, and one for me (I am a big LEGO
train fan too). I think that other LEGO train fans would find a this
part useful too.
     Another part that I thought would be wonderful and popular is a
wheelset that can pick up electricity from the track. A wheelset that
allowed a builder to add lights and accessories to a coach without
running a wire from the engine would be boon to LEGO train fans
everywhere. Additionally, this part would make any LEGO set that
contained it _much_ cooler. I've noticed both at the train shows that I
have attended with NELUG and at home that kids _love_ things that light
up. My son went wild when we installed a LEGO lamp on his green LEGO
steam engine.
     There are other things that I would love to see, like switch tracks
that over a short distance allow trains to switch between parallel
tracks or switch tracks that peel off directly into a curve, but the
level crossing and the wheelset that pick up electricity are ideas that
fit more neatly and easily into the current LEGO train system, and have
a wider appeal.
     Thanks for reading this note.

Sincerely,
Chris