 Dear LEGO / 5212 (-20)
  Re: Dillution of trade name

Hello! (...) Oh, people (kids, parents, non-AFOLs) are using "legos" all the time around here. It simply is shorter for "LEGO bricks" and everybody still knows exactly what this term ("legos") is referring to. As long as it's not used in official (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Dillution of trade name

Calling "lego" "legos" must be an american thing; I have never heard it used in the UK. Interestingly, searching loc.uk for "legos" got hits for "lego's". Scott A (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Dillution of trade name

(...) I have also noticed this in some of the Atlanta-area Wal-Mart stores. Scott Lyttle (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: An alternative open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

(...) This is a very serious allegation. Please explain which reasons given by TLG have been debunked as fluff or outright lies. (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Dillution of trade name

Dear LEGO, While shopping yesterday in a relatively new US WalMart store, I noted that the various sections of the toy department have little banner signs hanging out from the top of the stock shelves. These seemed to be placed in such a way so that (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  ZzzzoooooOOOOooommm

Dear LEGO, Thank you for the set-picture zoom feature at shop.lego.com! -Suz (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Civil War!

(...) That's "War Between the States", ya Yankee! And I'll send Boris and Natasha after you if you even think about swivel-hipping your way outta this. :-) Gray: 'Merican. Or maybe rebel. Wait, that implies "civil war". Dang, this gets (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

(...) Um...that's not exactly a similar situation. Chances are, when you buy a new door, they mix a batch based on color standards of the car. So...maybe painting the new gray to match the old gray is the solution... (sorry, I'm not good at writing (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  More color specific selection packs please

It was clearly possible for TLC to make old greys and old brown variety packs to help bridge the color change transition. I bought what I felt was more than my fair share of these packs but the supply didn't run out too quickly, so I don't feel (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

I agree with the letter and sign it. Ofcourse it's hard to identify with every detail and wording of such an elaborate letter on a complicated issue. For example, I wouldn't demand a return to the original colors, since the new colors are allready (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

Hello! (...) Probably when our enemy is defeated :-) (...) I do not love LEGO unconditionally. I loved it under the conditions from before 2004. Even if I didn't like all or even most of the sets (=models) they produced in the last ten years I still (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

SNIPPY (Written 2 days ago) Disagree. Samarth Moray (16) (No idea how much he spends on Lego, but the amount is decreasing as the number of cool sets reduces.) I’ve avoided stating my views on this situation for a looong time now, but this is the (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

I wholeheartedly agree. Chris McNamee (18) Portland, OR (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

I pretty much love LEGO unconditional. But the supply of the old colours will eventually run out. A lot of parts will not be available in the new colours for quite a while, so it is a problem for Moccers. How would you feel, if you had a car (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

(...) Strongly agree with the above letter. This quote says it all for me. "And we are extremely grateful for all these opportunities, but unfortunately these praiseworthy achievements turn into almost nothing through the decision of stopping the (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

(...) Hi Joshua, While I understand that this is a emotion filled topic for some involved, adding yet one more "will you please shut up" post to the fire isn't helping to "stop this gangwar" as is in fact worsening the issue. -Orion (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

(...) Hello, I was just wondering when you color change enemies are going to shut up??!! I buy sets for parts and I have thought about selling parts I don't like. If you don't like a set don't buy it for crying out loud!!!! What happened to (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

I agree and sign. Mark Rideout (33) WA, 13K in 2003, $130 on new color sets. (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

(...) I agree with this letter and pray that you read it. David De Gobbi. Vancouver BC Canada . +3000$ CDN before 2004 , $4.59 cdn after 2004 (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO - has this ever worked?

(...) I am NOT in support of this letter. I am NOT in support of this letter representing the AFOL Community. I am NOT in support of this issue continuing to be brought up with the derisiveness and disdainful language aimed at the LEGO Company and (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact