 Dear LEGO / 5196
Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 04:33:31 GMT

In lugnet.general, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote:
_________________________________________________________ February 2005

To Mr. Jørgen Vig Knudstorp
CEO of LEGO Company
Billund
Denmark

Dear Mr. Knudstorp,

New tones e.g. grey, dark-grey and brown, as well as some other, less important
tones have been added to the product range at the beginning of year 2004. This
measure has caused great offence through the fact that long-established colours
were abandoned at the same time and are now no longer used in new sets. From
this decision, countless problems for collections and self-created models occur.
These problems have been discussed in detail at www.Lugnet.com. You can find
extracts of these discussions at the end of this letter.

Through the change of the colours we find ourselves extremely restricted in
exercising our hobby as we are used to and thus are even more annoyed about this
- in our eyes - unnecessary and quite badly thought-out decision. This topic has
been troubling us for more than one year now and has lead to strong negative
emotional reactions.

Hello,

I was just wondering when you color change enemies are going to shut up??!! I
buy sets for parts and I have thought about selling parts I don't like. If you
don't like a set don't buy it for crying out loud!!!! What happened to
unconditional love of lego toys?!!! I thought lego was about creativity and
enjoyment of building. Lego is a toy and when lugnet members realize that we can
stop this gangwar that has been going on because of the color changes and
various other things.

Goodbye,

Joshua Brunstad