 Color / 983
Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 17:38:32 GMT

In lugnet.color, Henk Schmidt-Bergemann wrote:
I pretty much love LEGO unconditional.
But the supply of the old colours will eventually run out. A lot of parts will
not be available in the new colours for quite a while, so it is a problem for
Moccers.

How would you feel, if you had a car accident and you need to buy a new door for
your 2 year old car, but you can´t because of customer tests with the target
customer group 16-19 year olds gave the impression that a different colour is
cooler.
But it is not as cool that they would advertise it, because they thought it
would just get through unnoticed.

Um...that's not exactly a similar situation.  Chances are, when you buy a new
door, they mix a batch based on color standards of the car.

So...maybe painting the new gray to match the old gray is the solution...

(sorry, I'm not good at writing sarcasm...).

I'm finding that it appears the #1 reason why people hate the gray is that is
interferes with their personal collection.  Ok, so that makes this whole color
debate PERSONAL?

-Scott Lyttle