 Dear LEGO / 5132 (-20)
  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

(...) Lets be nice here! - big wank, "eh" would have been kind Canadian thing to write as it would leave it up for debate or disagreement. I see no "facts" to support Ben being a "wank". -Patrick (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Civil War!

(...) All right, Brickwars it is! We can have a massive battle at Brickfest, the color-fast against the color-less. um, are there any bley minifigs out yet? (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

Andrzej M. Szlaga (25), Warsaw (Poland), approx. 1500 PLN before 2004, I haven't purchased any sets containing new colours (and I'm not going to). (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: An alternative open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

(...) I read that paragraph slightly different to you. Its hard to explain, so here's an illustration of how I read it: General: Tomorrow at 0600 we storm Omaha Beach. Private: I trust that you and the rest of the general staff you have arranged air (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

(...) I think the main reason the dissenters spoke up is that on first glace (and the CEO of LEGO will probably only skim it if the letter even gets to him) this letter purpost to represent the entire AFOL community. The opposition want to make it (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Civil War!

Let's do this! I'm tired of this debate. I'm sick of the contention between individuals. Enough!!! Let's just 'throw down' and go to war. Let's just put the civility aside and flame the hell outta each other. C'mon, bring it... I like the old grey, (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.announce)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

(...) Y'know, what you wrote was o.k. Iain, an' actually kinda funny. But in general, it seems like rtlToronto is against any attempt to resolve the color issue that is paramount to some people. I really, really, honestly do hope that one day TLG (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: An alternative open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

I agree with this letter. The new greys will NOT change my buying behaviour (up to US$3000 a year - for me, my child and our friends' children). What does affect my buying behaviour is the quality of the great new Designer sets (me) and the good (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

I agree and sign. Mike McKee. Chesapeake, VA, USA. 2003 LEGO expenditures $500+ usd. 2004 expenditures approximately $150 usd (due in part to color issue). (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: An alternative open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

(...) I have to agree with Bob here... Y'know, sometimes the consumers know better than the management William! That, and your whole brown-nosing here smells like @$$ What's so productive about giving TLG praise? They're a company, they don't need (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

I agree with the letter above and sign it! Richard Noeckel (24), Toronto (Canada) (20 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: An alternative open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

I too agree with the content of this message. Contrary to another post, there is a "real message" here: That there are AFoLs who respect the people who are earnestly trying to return the Lego company to success, and that not every decision is going (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

(...) [snip] (...) I agree with the above letter. Bob Hayes, Silver Spring, MD - pre 2004 a lot, 2004 sets not much - I really like the new Millinium Falcon design, but not the color - I can not buy it. (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

Hello! (...) Why do you (not you, Bill, in particular but all you disagree.ers in this thread) not even give a chance to the thought that Grey (old) is not necessarily dead? Why do you (purposefully?) attack this attempt to use the last chance to (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: An alternative open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

(...) Like changing "DUPLO" into "Explore" into "DUPLO"? (...) Mr. Plougman was from Bang&Olufsen, he wasn't successful, but fired. Mr. Knudstorp is from McKinsey. Why should he know the "LEGO Business" better than we do? Of course, I also would (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: An alternative open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

(...) [snip] (...) The letter that Ben presented is trying to send a real message. This one is just an amazing suck up!! Did you apply to be a "Lego Ambassador"? I have to go throw up now. (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: An alternative open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

(...) I figured that, but 2 wrongs rarely make a right. ROSCO (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: An alternative open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

(...) Normally I wouldn't have, but Ben's was crossposed to all those groups, so I thought I should do the same. (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

(...) This is a typical example of where a collective whole with the potential to make real changes can destroy/ridicule itself.We've already seen several postings recently which make us look like a bunch of saddos at a Fight Club! Ben – Sorry for (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: An alternative open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

(...) I agree with the content of the letter, but I don't like that you chose to cross-post so heavily. Ross Crawford, 40, Australia. (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact