 Dear LEGO / 467
Re: Adults Are People Too!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 07:03:22 GMT

The sad fact is that I would spend a lot more on Lego if there was a better
way to buy just the parts that I need.  I do not generally buy kits to build
the models, but to get parts for building robots.  So I look at the number and
types of parts in the box when deciding whether to purchase a set.  Some days
I'm looking for Technic connector pins and gears, other days I'm looking for
vast quantities of black 2x4 bricks.  I rarely find exactly what I want in one
of the available sets, so I usually leave the store disappointed and try to
make do with the meager $2000 pile of Lego that I already have.

A man after my own heart. I remember a facility many years ago here in Sydney
where you could buy individual parts. Sadly it was closed down for commercial
reasons (stuff the customers, eh TLG???).

I too would spend the family fortune on an on-line store to boost my
collection so I could build the models I want in the colour I want (nothing
more frustrating than having the right piece in the wrong colour. Worse than
not having the piece at all. To think that you were that close.....).

Sadly, I don't think TLG would do such a thing. The corporate mentality has
infiltrated the once proud and friendly company, and the cancerous growth
called "bottom line" has taken precedent over customer satisfaction (just look
at the quality of some of the sets and the increasing number of large pre-fab
parts). Ironic to think that if they concentrated on customer satisfaction
their bottom line would improve, but try telling them that!!

Pete

P.S. At least most of you guys live in Europe or the US. Try things down in
Australia where we live in a Lego desert. Some of the sets and themes you talk
about are not even available here. We've only just started to get Mindstorms
sets. Lego Australia officially sucks!!