 Dear LEGO / 4286
Re: Confused .... ??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2003 23:09:40 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, John Barnes writes:
I had thought I'd read, right here on lugnet, that pictures which depicted
the Lego logo were not permitted on Brickshelf.

I did a quick search, but didn't find anything.  That, of course, doesn't
mean it hasn't been mentioned.

However, I did find the pic I was thinking of:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/j1a3l5/Mosaics/dscn1634.jpg

Not only does this model contain the logo.... it IS the logo.  :)

Apologies to John.  I'm not picking on this mosaic in anyway, in fact I
really like it.

Perhaps I'm wrong, in which
case please forgive for bring the subject up.

If history is any kind of teacher, odds are I'm the one likely to be wrong.  :)

However, I personally get the impression that so long as your use of LEGO
bricks and the LEGO name/logo are appropriate and for personal use only,
then you really run little risk of engaging them in legal battles.  I also
could be wrong, in which case I'm more than happy to hear from some one who
knows for sure.

All the best,
Allan B.