 Dear LEGO / 4285
  Re: Confused .... ??

I had thought I'd read, right here on lugnet, that pictures which depicted the Lego logo were not permitted on Brickshelf. Perhaps I'm wrong, in which case please forgive for bring the subject up. best JB (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Confused .... ??

(...) I did a quick search, but didn't find anything. That, of course, doesn't mean it hasn't been mentioned. However, I did find the pic I was thinking of: (URL) only does this model contain the logo.... it IS the logo. :) Apologies to John. I'm (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Confused ....?? (Policy on LEGO Logo use)

(...) The policy is stated at (URL) says: The LEGO Logo may not be used on an Unofficial Web Site. The bright red LEGO logo has become one of the most recognized trademarks in the world. We have worked hard to make this logo a symbol of high quality (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Confused ....?? (Policy on LEGO Logo use)

(...) However, in the Trademark Usage section of the 2002 Brand Book (handed out at Toy Fair, so it's not widely distributed), it says: 6. The LEGO logo should only be reproduced with permission. If there is a need to reproduce a LEGO logo, please (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Confused ....?? (Policy on LEGO Logo use)

(...) I'm not a lawyer but my _guess_ is that this reference is directed toward persons or companies who may wish to create actual printed copies of the LEGO logo for purposes such as (but not limited to) advertising LEGO products. Most companies (...) (21 years ago, 24-May-03, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Confused ....?? (Policy on LEGO Logo use)

(...) That's my guess too. I've seen a number of ad flyers where the logo is added in as a seperate graphic next to photos of the various items that they're trying to sell. (...) You mean so it doesn't get display in Times New Roman with a pink (...) (21 years ago, 24-May-03, to lugnet.dear-lego)