 Dear LEGO / 3949
Re: Poor Part Quality- 2x5x6 Castle Walls
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 15:22:07 GMT

Hmmm, Not all newer castle walls are like the ones I got. The gray corners were
lighly textured and have a little gloss, the printed corners are pretty darn
glossy, The Guarded Inn re-issue gray walls have a light bumby texture but
still have some gloss. The walls I am talking about are like, well, sandblasted
or etched flat, There is no gloss on the front or the light bumpy texture, they
have a flat, pitted, no shine whatsoever finish. The sides and back all look
normal-shiny. Honestly I have never seen any walls that look like these, I
called Lego, They are going to send me replacements and I will send the ones I
have back to them. If this is the way these parts are now made, it is bad news
IMO, because they look like crap.  John

In lugnet.general, Jeff Stembel writes:
They may very well be, but that is not the case with the wall elements.  They
are *supposed* to be textured that way.

Jeff

In lugnet.general, Thomas Stangl writes:
Sounds to me like TLG is running their molds WAY past their intended lifetime
in order to cut costs.

Jeff Stembel wrote:

In lugnet.general, John Hadd writes:
Has anyone else busted the 6292 Enchanted Island Re-Issue, only to find the
black wall has a flat, non-glossy, pitted, almost sandblasted look to the
front? I was appalled to find this was the quality of the "New" part. They
are unlike any other walls I have seen! Is it just the walls I have or do
they all look like this? The old walls were glossy. I know the sails in the
new sets are not to the old standard, but the walls are not good, I've got
15 year old walls that look better than these!  John

All the recent castle walls have been that way, it has nothing to do with
part quality.

Jeff