 General / 36990
Re: Poor Part Quality- 2x5x6 Castle Walls
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 03:05:20 GMT

Sounds to me like TLG is running their molds WAY past their intended lifetime in
order to cut costs.

It's going to bite them in the behind if they don't watch it, as Ritvik's quality
is improving while Lego's is degrading.  Sooner or later, even diehard Lego fans
will start buying Ritvik if it's BETTER than Lego.

Lego - SHAPE UP!  More and more parts are coming straight from the box in crappy
condition.  I've seen WAY too many 1x bricks with waves and mold-slump in the long
sides, and that's unacceptable.

Jeff Stembel wrote:

In lugnet.general, John Hadd writes:
Has anyone else busted the 6292 Enchanted Island Re-Issue, only to find the
black wall has a flat, non-glossy, pitted, almost sandblasted look to the
front? I was appalled to find this was the quality of the "New" part. They are
unlike any other walls I have seen! Is it just the walls I have or do they all
look like this? The old walls were glossy. I know the sails in the new sets
are not to the old standard, but the walls are not good, I've got 15 year old
walls that look better than these!  John

All the recent castle walls have been that way, it has nothing to do with part
quality.

Jeff

--
Tom Stangl