 General / 36991
Re: Poor Part Quality- 2x5x6 Castle Walls
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 03:55:57 GMT

In lugnet.general, Thomas Stangl writes:
More and more parts are coming straight from the box in crappy condition.  I've >seen WAY too many 1x bricks with waves and mold-slump in the long sides, and
that's unacceptable.

What are waves and mold-slump?  Are these caused by old molds or by pulling
the elements out of the molds before they are fully hardened or whatever?

But yeah, the quality is definitely slipping -- and has been for some time.
I have seen more edges with a bit of plastic still attached, stringy plastic
on the tops of studs, incompletely formed tubes, even slightly mottled
bricks -- let's not forget the more interesting first run of dark red elements.

-- Hop-Frog