 Dear LEGO / 3567
    Minifigures in Legoland —James Stacey
   An old family friend called round my house a week or so with her children (3 boys between 7 and 13) - keep with me, this is on topic honest, They live down in Cornwall and hadn't been to south wales before. The 3 boys are all huge Lego fans and (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.dear-lego) !

        Re: Minifigures in Legoland —Pedro Silva
     Hi James, As a kid, I don't recall seeing many LEGO displays at all, so I guess I only remember one minifig-scale: it was in a supermarket, a medium-sized diorama, featuring many Town sets from 91/92. Probably before Christmas, and the diorama gave (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Minifigures in Legoland —Wessel Burgers
     (...) Indeed, you are not the only one! I remember when I was a kid, back in the eighties, there used to be a recurring event called the 'Lego Show'. It was a show with many displays and dioramas that travelled across the country. It was ussually (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

         Re: Minifigures in Legoland —Bruce Hietbrink
     (...) I remember these here in the U.S. as well. It would be in a large department store for a week or so every few years. I remember huge displays of Classic Space Legos as well has large sculptures of animals and landmarks such as the Statue of (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Minifigures in Legoland —Cary Clark
     In lugnet.dear-lego, James Stacey writes: ... (...) At Legoland Billund, there are a couple of minifig scale models in the park proper. One is a concert hall with a retractable roof, filled with thousands of minifigs. But I imagine that the park's (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

         Re: Minifigures in Legoland —Simon Bennett
     (...) I wonder, was the original park miniland built to 'maxi-fig' scale? (What are the big figures from the 70's called, I can't find any reference to them in Partsref.) Psi (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.legoland)

        Re: Minifigures in Legoland —Tony Hafner
     I recall, on our visit to Billund in 1980, finding an incredible Space display inside a glass case. I think it was in the store, but I'm not sure... that was a long time ago. This was in the time of blue/grey classic space with yellow windows, and (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

         Re: Minifigures in Legoland —Tom Stangl
      Only if the cases were indoors and shielded from the sun! Otherwise, your creations could quickly sunstain. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, iPlanet Web Server Technical Support | Sun Microsystems Customer Service | iPlanet Support - (URL) Please do not (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Minifigures in Legoland —Aaron West
   (...) The main Giftshop at LEGOLAND, CA has a few display cases with dioramas, featuring the Ninja line and the Adventurers. They really do attract a lot of attention, but unfortunately none of the product behind the glass is available anymore! LEGO (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)