 Dear LEGO / 353
Re: More train ranting (sorry)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 27 May 1999 07:50:06 GMT

Jeff Stembel wrote in message ...
In lugnet.trains, Eric Brok writes:
Also, I have a question.  When was the last time a unique train element
was created?  Different colors don't count.  I'm thinking about how many

There's a new train canopy this year. (However used in some other themes).

That means it is not unique.  The last time I can think of was 1995, with • the
Freight Rail Runner's windows and Sliding boxcar doors.

Come on, uniqueness is not the point. It's about new parts that were
designed for trains. If they use the same piece in other themes as well; so
much the better. Point in case is whether you recognize the canopy as
orginally designed for trains, which I do. (Can't imagine designing it for
applications like in the small Space Port set.)

Eric