 Dear LEGO / 3265
Re: Packaging / Boxes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 16:35:08 GMT

"Bert Waters" <lhwaters@hsc.vcu.edu> wrote in message
news:GGBuFA.Ezt@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.dear-lego, Tom Boucher writes:
Dear LEGO • [snip]
I agree with Tom. I also appreciate the artwork on the good quality boxes. • The
box to me is a part of the product. I keep all of my boxes and  store them • in
the hot hot attic while I store plastic in a climate controlled closet. I • have
reboxed all of our lego for fun and then always end up taking the pieces • out
again.
Once, my son ripped open a train set out of excitement at Christmas time
almost destroying the box. I later taped it up and said to him, "I think • the
boxes are cool so I'd like to start collecting them" After that, he always • was
more careful with the packaging for dad's sake. I know other members of my
local lego users group who discard their boxes almost immediately. Of • course
their collections are in the 50,000+ and I have less than 15,000 pieces • and a
large hot (this time of year) attic.
Bert Waters

I am of the "recycle the box almost immediately" faith.  The only exceptions
are when I get an old or just plain "cool" box.  For example, a few months
ago I found a complete Magisto's Magical Workshop at a church rummage sale
for $3.00.  I am definitely keeping that box.  I also have my Main Street
box from when I was a kid (and it still is used for storage).  Other than
that, boxes are simply a way of keeping the pieces together until I remove
them.  :-D

Tim