 Dear LEGO / 3260
Re: Packaging / Boxes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 22:16:44 GMT

"Tom Boucher" <trekkie@spamyou.nomorestars.com> writes:
I disagree.   I was a kid who bought LEGO as well.  I stored them in boxes
that they came in as long as I could, meaning, opening & closing them every
week while playing with the sets or what not.  twenty some years and ten
some moves took their toll on the boxes (as well as a little brother and a
BB Gun).   I wasn't in the 'collector' mode when I was a kid.  I was in a
'let's play with them all the time' mode, which I am to still some extent
to.  I mean I'm going to build an entire asteroid with monster monorail in
the basement, not just to watch, but to play with.

"Playing with the sets"??  *sets*???  I'm confused.

You mean you kept the individual bricks sorted by what set they came
in?  Even when I was a kid, all a Lego set was to me was a parts pack.
I've always felt an obligation to build the set once, according to the
instructions, but usually I would tear it apart soon thereafter and
design my own thing.  When I was done, I'd dump all the pieces into
the Lego Drawer (bottom drawer of my dresser), with the rest of my
collection.

Takes all kinds, I guess.  But I think you're severely limiting your
options, if you only play with them as sets.

The boxes are something for them to go back in when I need to put my toys
away or my wife will get mad.

See lugnet.storage for other options...

                    (formerly known as hermit@bayview.com)
                   Life is too important to take seriously.