 Dear LEGO / 2915
Re: LEGOs dirty trick: making money by not producing all masks as announced.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 15:32:56 GMT

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Christian Gemünden writes:
Hi Bionicle Fans out there,

hopefully someone at LEGO Direct will read this too and can clarify the • things.
LEGO, I'd really like to get some answers on these - I know someone is
listening (as LEGO seems to be very concerned about their Bionicle theme) so
get anyone at LEGO Direct behind the screen and explain the following:

- How does it come that LEGO only sells 48 different masks rather than 72 as
announced? (even more than 144 combinations are possible anyway)
- Why are more than 30% of all masks black and six other colours missing
completely? (as well as missing shapes)
- Why were the masks Matatu and Ruru produced in other colours than shown on
the bag? (for example no green Ruru should be available according to the bags)
- How can it be that I already have ten copies of one certain mask, but zero
copies of another one? (that's anything  but randomly assorted)
- Will we ever see the 'unknown' type of mask that is shown right in the
middle of all masks ?

I think it's really a disgrace to LEGO to start such a lousy marketing
strategy. Even the kids will soon find out that they were leg-pulled and
LEGO never produced all the masks they show on the bags. Of course - once
the kids find out that they were cheated, then it'll be too late for them as
they've already spent all their money on the Bionicle stuff. However, a very
bad taste of disappointment about the LEGO brand will stay in their minds! I
don't think they'll buy LEGO any time soon again. What a stupid dirty trick
LEGO is playing on them!

Product #8530 totally sucks - play well!

Bye, Christian --- xTIAN.
Lugnet Member #479 -- The World is full of AFOLs !
mail: xtian@brickmaster.de web: www.brickmaster.de

Hear the alarm bells TLC!

Christian has been the biggest Lego Fan on earth when I first got in touch with
him. While most AFOL people are just fans of Lego products (basically the good
ones from the past, hehe), Christian has really been a Fan of the Lego company
and ALL its products.

Now read his new opinion about 2001 Lego sets and the behaviour of TLC. I think
this is even more concerning than lots of other news I hear now and then.

Kind Regards,

Ben
(Lugnet Member 448)

"Playmobil produces the better Legos today!"

If you don't believe, take a look at this loussy brick quality: