 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2019
Re: LEGOs dirty trick: making money by not producing all masks as announced.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 02:30:25 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Todd Lehman writes:
On Wed, 14 Feb 2001 14:05:49 GMT, Brian Kasprzyk writes:
I agree with this statement!  I posted about this almost a year ago about
how the quality of the Lego brick is way down.  Anyone that has old Lego can
put it sid by side with the new ones and can see that there are huge
differences in the quality.  Here are a few:

When you say "old Lego," roughly what year or year range are you referring
to?  I haven't really noticed any quality differences recently, but huge
quality differences since the 70's (better since then).  Is the quality
lesser now than, say, 5 years ago?  I seem to remember people noticing in
1995 that new bricks didn't hold as tightly as new bricks from 1990 did
then.

--Todd

[note to LD:  Is this kind of discussion helpful in a lugnet.lego.direct
context or would it be more helpful to you in a different group such as
lugnet.general?]

I have noticed the 'fingerprint' thing too, but I thought it was because the
bricks were shinier or more vivid.  I haven't noticed any increase in
scratching.  Though I have noticed that some of the printing is substandard.
Though I have not seen any sign of this in the Star Wars sets, but have
noticed it in other 'newer' themes.

Gabe Bark