 General / 27841
Re: LEGOs dirty trick: making money by not producing all masks as announced.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 02:45:05 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Gabe Bark writes:
I have noticed the 'fingerprint' thing too, but I thought it was because the
bricks were shinier or more vivid.  I haven't noticed any increase in
scratching.  Though I have noticed that some of the printing is substandard.
Though I have not seen any sign of this in the Star Wars sets, but have
noticed it in other 'newer' themes.

I think the shininess of the bricks depends on the molding pressure.
It seems like larger or more complex bricks are generally
shinier than smaller and simple bricks.  It probably requires
more mold pressure to prorperly form large or complex shapes.

There is a significant difference in shininess between
different parts, but the same part will usually have the same
shininess.  2x6's for example all seem to be noticably shinier
than 2x4's.  Complex shapes like magic walls and large bricks
like 1x16's are very shiny indicating high mold pressure.

KL