 Dear LEGO / 2912 (-10)
  Re: LEGOs dirty trick: making money by not producing all masks as announced.

(...) Heck! Just open those bags up and select the colors you want. That's what I do when I buy underwear -- have you seen the colors and weird designs that certain manufacturers expect one to wear under one's jeans/dungarees? Uh uh. Give me black, (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: LEGOs dirty trick: making money by not producing all masks as announced.

This is true I still can't find 2 missing Slizer disks, the dam things. I will not swear :-) Why can't lego sell the Bio Masks on their owe in bags that we can see though? Simple eh? -- Michael - - - Please reply on medwards@ukonline.co.uk Lugnet (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  LEGOs dirty trick: making money by not producing all masks as announced.

Hi Bionicle Fans out there, hopefully someone at LEGO Direct will read this too and can clarify the things. In Europe the randomly assorted mask bags (#8530) came out in february. I picked up many of these bags already. To be excactly I do have more (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego) !!

  One easy to do suggestion

Recap/intro....I'm a SAHD (stay at home Dad) with an engineering degree, two sons - pre-school and 4th grade and a house with a huge amount of Legos everywhere. I teach lunchtime enrichment courses at my son's elemntary school - one on machines - (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  time to update some URLs?

Hi LEGO, I just checked some of my old bookmarks that brought me to funny places on lego.com, which are obviously out of date meanwhile but sill accessible! (URL) fun to drool over these old sites, but I really think they are out of date by now, at (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Juniorization Lives, and comments on marketing strategy

Okay, that was long and rant-ish. Here are the points I was trying to make, in brief: 1. The problem isn't Juniorization, per se, but the application of it. 2. In order for Lego to survive, they must lure new consumers (small children). 3. Best way (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Juniorization Lives, and comments on marketing strategy

(...) How many of your conversations were with small children? Of course Juniorization doesn't appeal to you or me: we're not the target audience. The problem here as I see it is LEGO is having real trouble defining the target audience for different (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: John Heins' article on strategy

(...) Why? It's TLC's responsibility to make a go of it. I, the consumer, owe the maker of a luxury-goods commodity absolutely nothing. I, as a fan, am more than happy to financially support the company if I feel that the price is right...if, in (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Juniorization Lives, and comments on marketing strategy

(...) I saw much the same thing at TRU: 3 teenagers (I almost fainted - I'm not sure that I'd *ever* seen this) came into the aisle and were oohing and ahhing over the SW sets, but after a few remarks about how expensive the Millenium Falcon is, (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: NY Times article on strategy

John, now THIS was a post that people pay attention to. The contents of this message fall outside my area of control, but I can tell you that this is the way to get the appropriate people within TLC to pay attention! Great work and thanks for the (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact