 Dear LEGO / 2847 (-10)
  Re: Going Against the Grain

(...) I know what you mean, I'm not arguing Mark's point. I'm currently shelling out big bucks for pirate pieces. But, this was not the string I wanted to come off my original post. I was hoping to spurn some more posotive conversation. (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Going Against the Grain

(...) Just the other day I had a vision of how to do Insectoids on a large, frightening scale. Something that is more insect hive than silly vehicle. Alas, I never got more than the teeny ones at stores. I've also had some Underground ideas--not (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Going Against the Grain

(...) Just because a part is attainable from ebay or brickbay or any other source does not make it "easily available". There are many "rare" and desirable parts out there, for a price of course. Just because I have 3 Space Cruisers or Istok has (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Going Against the Grain

"Felix Greco" <felixisgr8@aol.com> wrote in message news:G7LJux.1MH@lugnet.com... (...) Bbbuut...if its a part that's good to build with, its good to build with, classic or not. So, if that is the case, I want a lot of those parts readily available (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Going Against the Grain

(...) Me thinks that an easily available part ceases to be classic or collectible... (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Going Against the Grain

(...) The parts are "there." "There" being eBay or another auction site. Classic Space parts are tough to get in any kind of decent condition. So... while I can build sets using my Classic Space parts, younger builders may not necessarily be able (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Going Against the Grain

(...) One thing I would point out though is that many "classic" themes will be very frustrating to try and enter. Sure, if you have some pirate sets, you can continue to make nifty creations, but try and create sailing ships from current sets. At (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Going Against the Grain

"Felix Greco" <felixisgr8@aol.com> wrote in message news:G7L095.I5q@lugnet.com... (...) Interesting perspective you hold here - I don't think I've thought of it this way before. Granted, there are lines which will become classics (LoM) and lines (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Going Against the Grain

Dear LEGO, I sometimes find it sad that a group which formed through love of your product can show such an ugly side sometimes. I'm speaking in particular about a lot of the negative posts that appear here on Lugnet. I think its sometimes human (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Come on Lego...get with it!

"Brendan Coughlin" <Duck360198@aol.com> wrote in message news:G7J7yD.Dxz@lugnet.com... (...) Well, some would argue that building the main model is *not* the point of LEGO, but being creative and exploring the endless possibilities *is.* Look at the (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact