 Dear LEGO / 262
Re: Lego Truck in Wellington
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 18:33:55 GMT

On Mon, 22 Mar 1999 16:35:50 GMT, Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote:

Steve Bliss wrote:

On Sun, 21 Mar 1999 01:24:59 GMT, "Moz (Chris Moseley)" <moz1@ihug.co.nz>
wrote:

Well, the touring Lego Truck finally made it to where I am. Cool.

So I bought a couple of the Maersk trucks, and a couple of the Lego
tractors. And met Grahame Reid at last. Now I see what the fuss is
about - these set are not Town Junior! If I was into Town or Train
I can see how I'd need a lot of these. The Lego truck especially is
a great set - two 1x16 bricks and a pile of useful parts. Wow. Now
I have to decide how many of them I want, having heard that Larry
is apparently due for 20-odd of them...

And here I thought the 1x16 bricks were something of a juniorization --
they make it easier to build, are kind of bulky, and make it harder to
modify.  I tried to add a trailer hitch without replacing those 1x16
bricks, the best I came up with was a magnet tile.  Oh, well.  Master
Builder, I'm not.

I tried. Hard. The hitch rides too high if you don't. So my design uses
a long plate, some propup shorter plates with a gap under the hitch pin,
and a technic plate. I think there's a picture of the yellow version of
this truck after my mods, showing the hitch area, in the container
section of my website.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one. :)

Steve