 Dear LEGO / 2542
Re: Ideas for Lego (2002-3) Onwards?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 13:39:59 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Bradley Dale writes:
My Suggestions-

Town/Model Team Architect
14+
Town is back in a big way... there's even a mini-fig scale shopping mall!
1 Hotel
2 Shopping Mall
3 Restaurant
4 LEGO Museum (lots of discontinued elements on display)

5 Theatre
^^^^^^^^^^^
Now there Is an Idea for an ENTIRE RANGE!!!.

<FAKED Catlouge blurb>

******** belives that children should develop and express theire dramatic and
creative skills. Now with the LEGO(R) theatre they can.  Join the Players as
they embark on a new production...
</BLURB>

Of course I was thinking more along the lines of Tudor/Shakespeare era rtaher
than modern. However modern would allow elements to be shared with Stuidos
whereas Tudor/Shakespeare era would allow sharing of Castle/Knights Kingdom
elements

Anyhow any Medival/Tudor era kingdom isn't complete without travelling players.

Castle/Northern Knights
7+
Castle Meets Arctic, Knights get fur-lined helmets.  Lots of Castle elements • in
trans-blue!
1 Snow Catapult
2 Ice Dragon's Lair
3 Ice Fortress
4 Polar Bear Carriage
5 King, Queen, Princess and Dragon in a cheap set

Now that is an idea that LEGO(R) hasn't done (yet!). I feel this is a great
idea. It might also be a way off calming demands for Vikings (Which is another
excellent suggestion...)

The other idea I had related to castle was to have a Cloud Kingdom. The
premise being that the Castles were up in the sky on clouds and you had winged
minfigure charecters. In a simmilar way perhpas to the ones in Ninja. Some
sets in this could include a Large Castle, A sky cycle and a few simple
minfigure packs...  This would defintly fit in with the 'fantasy' nature
TLG appears to be moving on Castle..

Aquazone/Octonauts
7+
Eight-armed subs
1 Small Octosub with glowing octopus
2 Medium Octosub with red octopus
3 Large Octosub with orange octopus
4 Octonaut living quarters
5 Octonaut crystal lab

And I proposed Jule-Verne for Adventurers!! Perhaps there is a compromise
postion...

Promotional/Jurassic Park III
Well, we'll have to wait to see what these would be.

And JP Is Speilberg ISTR... ( Easier to negoiate the License :-( )

OF course there is still the option of Lego(R) doing a Haunted House, one of
the first Ideas I proposed here (I think I called it Phantoma...)

Alex