 Dear LEGO / 2277 (-5)
  Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand

(...) How is Lego hideously expensive? I think its a pretty good deal. Lego, IMO opinion, has about the best playability of anything ever invented. A kid can build the main model, play with it for a while, and then make something completley diffenrt (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand

(...) Will, girls just don't play with dolls anymore. DUPLO, PRIMO, Mickey Mouse, and Town Jr. sets are all aimed at both girls and boys. Belville and Scala are aimed at girls too, though they are sold in few retail stores. LEGO is supposed to be (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand

(...) Keep in mind though that LEGO is the number one selling boys toy in America. Overall, only Barbie sells better. Of course, this isn't in actual number of sets sold, but rather the money that comes in form the sales. (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand

I must say that I agree 100% with Deidre's point about compatibility between Lego brands (Primo, Duplo, System). My wife and I gave some Duplo to our daughter on her first birthday. It was quite a while before she put her first pieces together but (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Plano boxes

(...) And if it galls you to license to another plastic manufacturer, consider dusting off some of your older designs.. or reworking them 759 and the trays it uses are nice. Different sizes, rounded bottoms, etc. But not very modular as the case is (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact