 Dear LEGO / 1937
  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) Well, here's hopefully an objective rant... The fact that LEGO has set up outlet stores means that they are bleeding. The outlet stores are a desperate attempt to limit that bleeding. The outlet stores sell obsolete stock at discounted prices (...) (25 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.dear-lego) !

  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) At this point I have to concur with Todd. Let's look at this way. In an article just published with Tom Stangle as the focal, (or was it mindstorms... anyway,) Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen, TLC Pres, remarks that this year has pulled them out of hot (...) (25 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.dear-lego) !

  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

I've got a few thoughts here (like I haven't already): The fact that the outlet will not ship to nearby customers sucks. There is no good reason to limit where they ship. If that is a policy of TLC, hopefully they will can that policy as a result of (...) (25 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.dear-lego) !

  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) Of course, we thought we had a shot at this consortium thing last year through Denmark, but nothing ever came of it. And someone mentioned the Constitution set in this thread - were there really Constitution sets available??? I would like to (...) (25 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) keeping it (...) price, (...) make (...) with a (...) You can always sell it yourself at a loss. Although this is not a very practical business model there's no escaping the fact that some products are dogs and you'd do well to get something (...) (25 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.dear-lego) !

Paul Sinasohn wrote in message ... (...) through (...) It may have died because they decided they wanted to work it through Lego Direct. Or, alternatively, it may have been a significant factor in shaping Lego Direct. In any case, I think Brad is (...) (25 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) I believe this last comment was directed at me. I need to apologize if anyone got the idea that the haves and have nots issue has anything to do with money or egalitarian economics. Only that a certain segment has access to the lego sets and (...) (25 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)