 Dear LEGO / 1946
Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 02:16:55 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Paul Sinasohn wrote in message ...
In lugnet.dear-lego, Frank Filz writes:
The second, well, they do have to have a minimum order
size to make it worthwhile, however, chances are real good that you can
either get together a group of friends and share an order, or tag along on
some other big buyer's order (though you will pay more per part than that
person does, if nothing else because there is an extra shipping step).

Frank

Of course, we thought we had a shot at this consortium thing last year • through
Denmark, but nothing ever came of it.

It may have died because they decided they wanted to work it through Lego
Direct. Or, alternatively, it may have been a significant factor in shaping
Lego Direct. In any case, I think Brad is well aware that train doors and
windows are one of the items which will sell well, even if he decides not to
make them available at the start (I can see a lot of arguments for starting
with basic bricks and plates in a wide variety of colors).

Frank