 Dear LEGO / 1278
Re: Number one request for LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 22:39:46 GMT

Mike Timm wrote:

In lugnet.dear-lego, Mark Herzberg writes:
Great idea! However, my number one request would still be for the return of
classic Town sets. Also, I am wondering, is there any confirmation that LEGO
actually does just destory the molds when the piece goes out of production?
How about pieces that went out of production for a long time and then return.
Like the big Fabuland style boat that reappeared after nearly ten years in
1998 and all those Fabuland pieces returning for 2000?

I was under the impression that they only intered the worn out molds in the
foundations of thier new buildings, not just destroy them when the "current
run" of parts is complete.  My bet is that any viable molds are merely stored
awhile for future use.  Actually I was comparing the visored helmets from the
new sets to some I just got from some 6009's.  The newer helms didn't seem
quite as crisp in a couple of places and had a couple slight ridges that the
older ones didn't have.  This is not noticeable except up close and I'm happy
to finially get some of this style of helm for my armies.  Especially as the
new ones will be readily available for some time yet compared to doing auctions
for the old ones..
Mike

I'm praying for the discovery of the "slightly worn" classic window molds.....

Gary Istok