 Dear LEGO / 1279
Re: The Empire State Building
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 22:55:40 GMT

John Matthews wrote:

Dear LEGO,

I would like to build a 6' foot tall model of the Empire State Building with
LEGO bricks.

Thank you for being the greatest toy of the century!

John Matthews

P.S.  I am an architect, so I'm partial to the following colors:  white,
black, gray, and dark gray.

John,

There is a great model of the Empire State Building in the back of BUILDING IDEA
BOOK 1  (LEGO #238) published from 1961-68.

Find it near the end of this website:

http://home.t-online.de/home/tomslego/before3.htm

That was where I got the inspiration to build my own version (I call it One
Shell Plaza):

http://my.voyager.net/lar/gistok.html

Gary Istok