 Dear LEGO / 1277
1276  |  1278
Subject:
Hey Brad! Bring back classic windows! In sets or bulk...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 22:20:04 GMT

On the rolltop garage door thread Jeff Stembel wrote some words of wisdom:

Jeff Stembel wrote:

<snip>
I heartily agree.  I am tired of "buildings" being little more than four posts
and a roof.  I want buildings with substance, and using many different kinds of
windows (some very cool window designs can be made with multiple "classic"
windows, see < http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0226/0226-32.html > for
some great ideas).  Also, make buildings that have a flavor to them, like the
half-timber style, for instance.

Just my $.02.

Jeff

I agree!  With more classic windows that practically anyone, I have to say that
these are great for all architectural uses, especially historical styles.  The
1x1x1, 1x1x2 and 1x2x1 windows especially can be used in an endless combination of
groupings that recreate early window styles.

I also love the larger style classic windows - the 3 pane 1x6x2 window is my
favorite.  So are the 1x4x2 and 1x3x2.  If these were available in any quantity,
you would be seeing a lot more LEGO skyscraper models among the AFOLs.

The 1x2x2 (the only classic era window still being produced), the 1x4x3, the 1x4x5
and the 1x4x6 are the main window types today, but they are not really all that
compatible with each other.  This was not the case for the 9 classic types.  They
complemented each other.

A classic window fanatic!

Gary Istok