 Dear LEGO / 1047
Re: Suggestions for Lego: My two cents
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 17:37:30 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Jasper Janssen writes:
On Tue, 21 Dec 1999 05:24:32 GMT, cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley)
wrote:

Brian Lanning <blanning@mciworld.com> wrote:
Ancient greek and roman themes.

YES.

You have no idea how popular something like this would be.

(snip)

The Colosseum.
Circus Maximus.
Generic Roman Villa.
Generic Horse-racing cart.
Hadrian's Wall ( ;-) ). (playset?)
Generic Castellum.

Mt Olympus.
"Crossing the Styx" playset ( ;-) ).
King Minos' Labyrinth.

Anything else?

The trojan war?  How about a big lego horse with minifigs hiding in it?  A
menotar. The cyclops.  Medusa minifig hair.  :)  Greek warships with oarsmen.
What would greek fire look like?  Just imagine white 2x2x11 column pieces in
vast quantities.

The pointy helmets, like the bull people have, already look roman.  All you
need is the push-broom thing to go on top.  The armor used in the japanese
sets, gold-plated would be perfect.  The short swords are also already a good
fit.   Tower shields that can be hooked together to make battle formations.

brian