 Database / Set Inventories / 880
879  |  881
Subject:
Possibility of lugnet.db.inv.discussion?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 01:11:56 GMT

Is there any possibility of getting a discussion group for lugnet.db.inv?
It seems like we have enough non-data posts in lugnet.db.inv to warrant at
least thinking about it.  And almost every one of them starts out with "I
know this isn't a discussion group but I don't know where else this could go..."

Failing a new group, changing the charter of lugnet.db.inv to allow
discussion of inventories and inventorying is another possibility to look
at.  All comments are welcome (particularly those from administrators).

In lugnet.db.inv, Thomas Garrison writes:
And, a side note, I would like the Admins to consider changing the charter of
.db.inv to allow discussion.  There really isn't any other place that's
appropriate for discussion of inventories in general(sometimes .db.brictionry.
. .), and it would be confusing to invent a new newsgroup for that purpose.

TWS Garrison

*This category would apply to sets like Service Packs, whose inventories are
given in catalogs, and sets like those Basic sets that list their contents on
the packaging.