 Database / Set Inventories / 864
  Peeron Guidelines

I realize this isn't supposed to be a discussion forum, but I'm not clear on where else to put something like this. I am wondering if it would be possible to mark up inventories with some verification data. For instance, with some inventories (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jul-01, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: Peeron Guidelines

(...) I'd like to echo the above sentiments. Most of us are unlikely to find MISB sets from 1980, but it would still be nice to have an inventory. . .and know that the inventory was not as reliable as one from an MISB set. (For example, I bought a (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jul-01, to lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Peeron Guidelines

(...) Samuel, this a really important point. A great number of the inventories at Peeron are converted from other sources, and some are from years ago when world-wide AR levels were not as high, so it'd be nice to know just how much accuracy you can (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jul-01, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: Peeron Guidelines

(...) I agree that we should make sure that we have source of inventories whenever possible. We do try, and encourage others, to put such things in the comments section, but we haven't been pushing that... eventually, it would be nice to add a field (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jul-01, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: Peeron Guidelines

(...) right, good idea. (...) or at least make a .db.inv.discussion? and have posts to db.inv auto-followup there? (23 years ago, 30-Jul-01, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: Peeron Guidelines

(...) How about 'built set from instructions' That is how I do inventories. Using sets I own, I build them per instructions, then disassemble and create the inventory by counting the actual pieces. I also double check the count by counting the (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jul-01, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Possibility of lugnet.db.inv.discussion?

Is there any possibility of getting a discussion group for lugnet.db.inv? It seems like we have enough non-data posts in lugnet.db.inv to warrant at least thinking about it. And almost every one of them starts out with "I know this isn't a (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.admin.general)