 Database / Set Inventories / 598
Re: Another (semi-) standard field for inventories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 20:46:20 GMT

On Sun, 27 Feb 2000 01:47:10 GMT, Eric McCarthy <bendyarm@aol.com>
wrote:

Hmm.  Who doesn't want to share?  I'll share.  The most recent set I noticed
this phenomenon in was the 5978 Sphynx Secret Surprise.  It was pretty annoying
since a bag was missing from one of the sets I got.  I wanted to know what
pieces I was missing but the other opened sets I had had a different distribution
of pieces into bags.  So I ended up opening a bunch of sealed sets before I found
one that matched.

A few times I've seen the initial copies of a set having what I call
a "make-up bag".  By "make-up" I mean a motley assortment of pieces that
appear to have been inadvertently left out of the other bags, and then
a special bag had to be produced so that the right pieces would be in the set.
Then, a later production run had those piece added to the regular bags.
However, I don't remember in which sets I noticed that.

/Eric McCarthy/

Old post but hey why not :^)

I recently bought a 4806 Axe Cart which is a small boxed castle set.
It normally comes glued on all sides and flaps, this had been opened
then resealed with a LEGO seal like they use on the larger boxes that
have trays in them.  Inside there was 2 extra of the technic pieces
that are used for axles in this set (the ones that allows the piece to
spin on one end and attach on the other end).  There was already 2 of
these in the box so I expect they found that some of these sets were
missing these parts and went thru and added them to any 'suspect
batches'.  So I think the 'opps' bag can happen.

Mike
--
All other themes are just spare parts for Castle! :^)